Best Topical Treatments To Remove Melasma?
Do you have an idea of the two best local treatment models to get rid of melasma? Well, I thought you should know…
Physicians can quickly diagnose melasma disorder based upon the skin appearance. Frequently, doctors may advice topical steroid ointments such as:
1). Azelaic Gel-Topical- Finacea, Azelex
The gel is applied to the skin to treat acne vulgaris and also as an antibacterial agent against protein synthesis. The gel works in the following ways:
- It works as an antibacterial agent to block protein synthesis and therefore growth of bacterial acnes.
- The Azelaic gel also inhibits follicular keratinization that prevents the development of acne lesions.
Application of Azelaic Gel
Before applying your medication, ensure you go through the manufacturers printed manual to be conversant with what you are about to treat. Read over the side effects and be sure if you want to use it.
Steps To Follow When Applying Azelaic Acid Gel
- Wash the affected side with soap and water then dry it.
- Use the gel and rub it in gently.
- For the first few days, use the cream only once in a day and increase it to twice in a day.
Despite its real mode of action, use of Azelaic gel just like any other drug comes with its side effects.
- Facial burning
- Iridocyclitis on exposure to the eyes.
- Skin stinging and tingling
- Skin dryness and irritation
2). Tretinoin Cream
Tropical tretinoin is used to treat mild to moderate acne, hyperpigmentation, and fine wrinkles. It also works best for the skin damaged by excessive exposure to the sun rays.
The prescription works by lightening the skin, replacing older skin with new skin and by slowing down the removal of skin cells damaged by the sun. It works well when used within a skin care program that involves protection of the treated skin from the sun.
Tretinoin causes skin irritation and future cell growth accompanied by rapid cell death, increasing the cell turnover. The result is a reduction of the cell layer.
Tretinoin is only available with a doctor’s prescription and is available in the following dosage forms:
Steps to Follow When Applying Tretinoin
- Wash your hands and gently clean the affected skin with a mild cleanser then pat dry.
- Relax for about 20 minutes after cleaning your face.
- Using your fingertips, apply a small amount of the medication in a thin layer usually once daily
During the first days of using tretinoin, you may not realize positive changes. The acne may appear worse. Do not give up; the medication is working on developing pimples inside your skin.
Absorption of tretinoin occurs through the skin and Doctors advise pregnant women contrary to using this product to avoid any issues with birth defects.
3.) Revitol Skin Brightening Cream
Quick, easy and available without a prescription this well-known cream designed to quickly remove discoloration. Revitol skin brightening cream is a globally known brand that is proven highly effective to lighten the hyperpigmentation without a prescription while making the skin tone bright and even.