Natural Skin Whitening Products-Are They Effective?
In this era where people are more conscious and considerate of the environment, artificial products seem unappealing. Many prefer natural based products because they are cheaper than artificially produced skin whitening products. But do they work?
In this article, I will share with you some natural products that can be effective in lightening your skin and I will briefly describe how to use them.
With that being said in my 25 years as a product manufacturer I have never seen a lemon, yogurt or grapefruit evenly or effectively lighten the skin with consistent results.
Why don’t natural products work all the time?
Natural products work: just not as effectively as a compounded formula that is specifically designed for the job.
With natural products its hard to regulate how much actual active ingredient your affected area is getting, a splash of lemon juice covered with a yogurt mask is not the same as a compounded cream that has been nano encapsulated with Alpha Arbutin and lumiskin. Everyone’s skin responds differently to the ph and acids of natural products and some persons skin become hyper sensitive that is the purpose of a compounded cream. Professionally manufactured and tested products are buffered to lower the sensitivity or reaction to a ingredient so the active ingredient can do its job and deliver the result you want.
Lemons contain citric acid which makes its juice a natural skin lightening agent. If you apply lemon juice on to your face regularly, dark matters fade and lighten your skin by a few shades.
Steps to follow:
- Thoroughly clean your skin and dry it.
- Squeeze the lemon juice onto some cotton wool and apply it on your skin.
- Wash off the juice after 15 minutes.
If you feel a tingling sensation from the citric acid, wash it off straight away with a lot of water.
I recommend that you don’t go out in the sun with lemon juice because the expected result may turn out the opposite.
Use of Orange Zest
Orange zest lightens your skin in just a few days of use by removing the cutis and getting rid of spots. For excellent results, complement it with a balanced diet containing plenty of fruits and vegetables. Steps to follow when using orange zest.
- Grind some orange zest that is sun dried well.
- Add cheese or milk to the ground punch to make a paste.
- Apply onto your skin and let it operate for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water.
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera is capable of alleviating your hyper pigmented skin and restoring your skin’s original color. It also has a cooling impact that helps regenerate new cells and rebuild damaged cell tissues. Overall, using Aloe Vera gel can lighten dark spots and improve your skin complexion.
- Cut the outer layer of an aloe Vera leaf and squeeze out the thick jelly-like substance
- Apply the gel thoroughly all over your skin.
- Leave it on for about 25 minutes before washing it off with water.
- Try this out for at least twice for about three to four weeks.
You can obtain ready-made Aloe Vera gel from the market if you do not have Aloe Vera plant.
Turmeric Overnight Skin Lightening Pack
To use turmeric as your skin lightener,
- Prepare a paste using a teaspoon of turmeric powder and lime juice.
- Ensure the paste is smooth to apply on your face.
- Gently use the turmeric for about 30 minutes and then wash off with plain water.
Do not worry if the mixture leaves your face a bit yellowish; the stain is turmeric. You will discover a more even skin tone after 3-4 weeks of daily use.