Will The Black Scarred Spots Ever Go Away?
Just like in the Game of Thrones, the physical and the emotional effects of acne scarring lasts for a very long time after an end of an episode. When you wake up in the morning with a giant zit (or five) on your face, there goes your morning. However the acne scars and black spots the breakout lives behind are often worse.
So, your acne has finally began to clear, the redness is soothed, and your crow’s feet finally look less scary, but the pesky brown spots, are proving to be tougher to clear than the beet stain in your favorite tee. Oh, hyperpigmentation, you haunt us so!
Acne scarring hyperpigmentation, is just as it sounds: crazy pigment, the protective, brownish stuff that is made by little octopus-type cells called the melanocytes that is found in the deepest epidermal layer. The cell pushes out parcels of pigment and they absorb the harmful UV rays before messing up with the cell nucleus. The result is what you see as a suntan, but it is actually a sign of stress, oxidative injury, and inflammation on the largest organ of the body. Yep, there is no such thing as a healthy, safe, just a little-bronzed tan.
Although there is no secret ingredient or miracle gadget that can make the scars totally disappear. Do not get discouraged, though. A lot of what you think is acne scarring is just hyperpigmentation or erythema (brown or red spots) rather the actual change of the skin texture and tone.
The practices to help reduce and treat acne-scarring hyperpigmentation are:
- Start with A Good Skin Hygiene Regimen: A regimen of cleansing, toning, exfoliating and moisturizing is an essential element in maintaining a healthy skin. Avoiding touching the face, and of course, picking and squeezing pimples, that create more inflammation on the skin, are key to preventing an outbreak.
- Sunscreen: sun exposure makes scarring appear more pronounced. It is essential to apply sunscreen diligently everywhere and on a regular basis, as this helps bounce back or absorb the UV rays of the sun. And have no worries about the thought of pore clogging acne breakout; the latest of sunscreens are acne friendly than ever.
- Skin Lightener: skin lightening with ingredients like retinol, Alpha Arbutin, Lumiskin vitamins C, , kojic acid, or Black licorice extract all these helps to reduce the more brownish skin color; by reversing the hyperpigmentation and hence, preventing further discoloration. Revitol Brightening Cream is an amazing example of a powerful and natural product that delivers every time.
- Lasers: mainly IPL laser treatment reduces the redness associated with acne marks and scars. When laser treatment are used to treat acne scarring, the final results differ due to; how many treatments have already been done, and how many social downtime you are willing to accept as part of the recovery process.
- Punch Excisions: Are primarily for acne scarring, this process is used to treat ice pick acne scars- have a hard, irregular jagged borders and often the depth is irregular. Your dermatologist will perform a small excision of the scars and bring the dermis back together, to get rid of the ragged margins, and close the area causing a uniform line.